I am passionate about community journalism. I've worked as a professional photojournalist for over a decade and still get excited every time I pick up my camera. I discovered my love for photography in high school after my father gave me his well-worn 1970s Canon A-1 camera. I soon began dressing up my friends and photographing them with black and white film in the barns and hay fields that dotted the surrounding rural areas outside my hometown in suburban Maryland.
I currently work as a staff photographer at the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Previously, I was a staff photographer at the Las Vegas Sun from 2007-2013. I graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology in 2003.
Drop me a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff Photographer: Star Tribune 2014-present
- Staff Photographer: Las Vegas Sun 2007-2013
- Staff Photographer: The (Cedar Rapids) Gazette 2006-2007
- Staff Photographer: The News (Henderson, Nev.) 2004-2006
- Photo Intern: The Portland (Ore.) Tribune 2004
- Photo Intern: The Advocate (Baton Rouge, La.) 2004
- Photo Intern: The Olympian (Olympia, Wash.) 2003